Welcome To Tramore Racecourse
From 1806, racing was taking place at Tramore in what was known as ‘the Black Strand’. It was right beside the sea and, before the First World War, had succumbed to the waves.
In 1914, Martin Murphy commenced racing again on his own property where all meetings still take place today. Those race meetings, held under the aegis of the Red Cross, were continued by Mr Murphy until his death in 1920.
In that year a new company made up of the renowned Senator J J Parkinson, Francis Murphy and Thomas Fleming took over control.
For many years the Fleming family were synonymous with Tramore Racecourse. In 1997 a new race company was formed, headed by Peter Queally. The improvements which have been carried out on the track have received very favourable comments from both trainers and jockeys. The facilities for the racegoers have also been upgraded. Tramore Festival in August ranks among one of the most popular meetings of the summer.
Waterford and Tramore Racecourse Company Ltd
353 51 381 425
353 51 390 928
Local Transport Links
The racecourse is situated eight miles from Waterford city on the main Tramore road and one mile inland from Tramore town centre.
Waterford 6.1 km (3.8 miles)
Regular train service from Dublin (Heuston Station) to Waterford.
Map and Route Finder
Directions and route plan will be displayed on the google maps pages, from here you can print, email and save the map.
Tote facilities and bookmakers are available
Enclosures And Grandstands
Food And Drink
Effect Of Draw
Tramore is is a right handed, undulating oval of 8 furlongs with a descent to the turn and a 1 furlong uphill finish.
National Hunt Course
Tramore is is a right handed, undulating oval of 8 furlongs with a descent to the turn and a 1 furlong uphill finish. 4 hurdles and 5 fences on circuit.
01 January 2011
09 April 2011
10 April 2011
03 June 2011
04 June 2011
11 August 2011
12 August 2011
13 August 2011
14 August 2011
06 October 2011
31 December 2011